Welcome

Welcome
to my blog where everything is random.
There is no telling what you might find here
but I promise you it will be clean, fun, sometimes serious.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Let's Talk A Little Discipline

Good morning everyone, get your coffee and come on in and let's chat for a moment. 
Living the biggest part of my life as a hopeless procrastinator, I surely understand the meaning of the word discipline. Discipline came to me during the early years of motherhood. No more putting off today what can be done tomorrow. Nope, can not do that with little ones running around, laundry to keep up with, homework assignments, ball games, Dr. appointments, arguments with the insurance companies making sure they are paying their part, not to mention working full time and sometimes a part time job too. (whew, I am tired already). Ahh, the easiness of putting thing off. NOT. So I joined forces to the other extreme and became supper dupper responsible. Now my friends, (wrinkles in forehead, frown on face) that is a sure fire recipe for burn out. Yes sir re, that is exactly what happens to you. Balance is the key when it comes to being disciplined, yes you have to make yourself a schedule that you can stick to but you also have to give yourself a little freedom to venture off of that schedule when need be. 
For instance this weekend. (A little laugh), I think I ventured a little to far off of my schedule and will probably pay heck for it this week. However, it was a good weekend, I enjoyed being with people I haven't seen in a while, and I absolutely had a wonderful time. (Sometimes a girl just has to have a little fun and excitement in her life, makes us more interesting, don't you think). Well as for today, it's time to get back on schedule and get some things done.
Another part of discipline that I have to address to myself is, keeping up with this blog post, even though I just started it I have commit to keeping it up and give you all an apology for being lax since I started it.
One thing I promised that I would write to you about, Life Celebration. It was a wonderful experience. It was not a formal service, more intimate, where family and friends could share with one another their memories, we still had song, the Pastor still spoke, and we still had prayer, but the intimacy of it all is what stood out the most for me. I think that this is something that we will be seeing more of in the near future.
Well friends, it is time to start the day and until we meet again, fill your life with a little randomness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment