Welcome

Welcome
to my blog where everything is random.
There is no telling what you might find here
but I promise you it will be clean, fun, sometimes serious.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Of tides and Men; Part III

Good Morning Friends, Get your coffee and come on in. It's is a cool 63 degrees, cloudy and rainy day in the Carolina's. I love days like these. A reprieve from the heat and the coolness makes you want to just snuggle up with a good book, (well in my case it will be methods in research... just the kind of book I love, NOT). If you all will, please say a prayer for my cousin Michael, he is in the hospital on life support. I just found out and I do not know all the details as of yet.
So yesterday, I was giving the analogy of the tides to the ebb and flow of life, and how when things seem to come crashing in from all around that it is a call to action. I also related this time to a gold smith and the making of pure gold. Have you ever been out on the ocean when there has been a bad storm? I can remember this one time (first and last time that I have went deep sea fishing), we were going to go deep sea fishing. There had been a really bad storm out in the middle of the Atlantic the night before and the captain was caught in betwixt charting ahead on our venture or calling it off. The morning was a morning much like it is here today, a little cool, cloudy and a drizzle or two. After mulling around for about an hour (now we are already late getting started), the captain brings it to a vote, the majority ruled in favor of going fishing. Well I was e*x*c*i*t*e*d, see I have never been on a deep sea fishing adventure before and I was gun hoe.  So we set our course from the inlet of Little River NC towards the ocean, front row seat.  As we approach the breakers the fun turns into a little apprehensiveness. You see the wave approaching the breakers are huge, I have never seen waves like this before. Well we are breaking through, and the boat is riding up up up and crashing down down down, wave after wave after wave, with the sea spray dousing us really good as if to say ha ha ha, you dare try and break through my territory. After a while we get through the breakers and we are out in open water. The sight of land has disappeared and all you see are big swells of ocean water rocking the boat up and down and side to  side. Then the sun comes out and suddenly you get this nauseous smell of bait and diesel fumes. Uuuuggggghhhhh, I have never felt like this before, I want to go home. After hours and hours of fighting 17 foot swells and foul smelling oders we head back towards the shore. I have never been so happy to plant my feet back on the ground as I was that day. The crew was too. They informed us that they had never been on a trip that was that bad. For the next two days I rocked back and forth in my awakenings and in my sleep. Took a while to get over that trip and so many moons and years later I am still pretty sure that I never want to go deep sea fishing again. As for me, I am just fine with the ocean from the shore.
Have you ever been through a life storm like that. One in which you think that it is never going to end and it will surely be the death of you? Those are the toughest, but produce the most growth and strength that you could never imagine that you would have. When you come out on the other side you are thankful that you made it and you realize that the only way that you made it was with God's help because you could not have endured without it. You learn a lot about yourself and you also learn that some things that you held to so dearly are not as important and other things that you took for granted become of utmost importance. You find that your relationship with God is closer than you could have ever dreamed possible and that you are more willing to let go of your on idea of (false) control and let God be in charge of the sails.
Um mm, control...I think I will expound more on that tomorrow. Until we meet here again my friends, add a little randomness to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment