Welcome

Welcome
to my blog where everything is random.
There is no telling what you might find here
but I promise you it will be clean, fun, sometimes serious.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Scary Moments

Good Morning
Bring your coffee and come on in and have a seat. Have you ever had one of those moments where you saw something or read something that just scared the bejesus out of you? Well, I had one of those yesterday. I saw a statement on the home news page that another oil rig had just exploded. Just for a little background, I have a son that works on an oil rig and he is out there on his three week turn. In that moment my heart dropped to my toes. The first thing that I did, was to check out the news flash and of course their is no information at that time. OH NO! (just in a matter of seconds). So I log on to facebook to send him a message (you see, I can't get in touch with him when he is out on the rig, he has to call me).
Well, not to much later I find out the company that owned the rig (not one of his) whew!  What a relief. By the way I am so thankful that everyone got of the rig and was rescued safe and sound. I just know there were other wives and mom's like myself who were going through the same emotions.
A few minutes later the phone rings, I say "hello" and I hear "Mom, was you a little worried"? LOL, you mom's out their know how it is. YES I was...just for a moment.
Well the rest of the day was a bit uneventful.
Today is another beautiful sunny day here in the Carolina's. Lot's of homework to do and a big test. Then I am off this afternoon to a life celebration for my dear sweet cousin who past away last week.
My how times have changed. I have always hated going to funerals. Today is a totally different perspective. You see, where you used to have a viewing and then the funeral and grave site, today we have a celebration, no viewing, no grave sight, just getting together to celebrate a life that has passed on to be with the Lord. I will let you all know more about this the next time I write.
Well I am off here to start my day. You all have a good day and remember to add a little Randomness into you life.

No comments:

Post a Comment