Welcome

Welcome
to my blog where everything is random.
There is no telling what you might find here
but I promise you it will be clean, fun, sometimes serious.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Of Tides and Men; Part I

Good Morning friends, come have a seat and let's chat a while this morning. It's a beautiful day here in the sunny Carolina's and I hear that we are about to get a reprieve from this hot weather that we have been having. I so can not wait, I love to be out doors but only when I can breathe, so the high humidity and temperature this summer has not been so kind to let me enjoy outdoors much except early morning or late evenings. 
I love the ocean, I love everything about it. I can sit on a beach and just listen to the waves crash for hours and hours. There is something about the ocean that puts me in a hypnotic state (for lack of a better adjective to describe it at this moment). As I gaze out over the vast expanse of this magnificent body water I can see where the water and the sky meet, blended together and yet separate. I can understand how back in time they thought the earth was like a plate, if you look out as far as you can see, it is rounded like a plate and seems to be flat as if you would just fall off of it (chuckles as I envision the thought). I gaze back to the water and watch  the waves, roll after roll as they seem to get bigger as they get closer to the crash zone, then they just fold over with a loud crashing (or pounding) sound and rumble up to the shore in a conglomerate of water and foam. As if grasping to dig into the sand, the water fights to stay on shore as it is swept back out into the vast expanse of water again. If you stand on the edge of the crash zone you can feel the pull as you dig your feet into the sand and fight to stay in position. You are not pounded by the waves so much if you go out beyond the crash zone, however, you can still feel the pulling and the beckoning of the waves enticing and urging you to come out further. Yet, you know all the while that staying close to the shore is your point of safety. 
One thing that you do not expect as you are out beyond the crash zone is the monster called the rip tide. Yes, I do say monster. This is a strong undercurrent that can pull you under and take you out in a moments notice. How do I know you might ask. I have been a victim of the ferocious rip tide, and was fortunate to have been rescued out of it's grasp. 
Tides are another phenomenon of the ocean. The tides subtlety  comes up on you without you realizing it, and before you know it, it is  back out again.
Friends, my time has run out and there is so much more to say on this topic, so I will be breaking it into parts. Until next time, fill your day with a little randomness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment